Operations Associate, TEFAF New York
Founded in 1988, TEFAF is a prestigious foundation currently running three international art fairs (TEFAF Maastricht, TEFAF New York Fall, and TEFAF New York Spring) alongside a program of initiatives designed to enrich the global art community. TEFAF provides a global platform for hundreds of the world’s leading art dealers.
We are a global organization with offices in the Netherlands, London, and New York. Our team is made up of art experts, production stars, and communications wizards. Operations is at the heart of what we do, and we are looking for passionate team players to join our New York office.
As an Operations Associate at TEFAF, you will help manage all aspects of Operations for the TEFAF New York fairs. Specifically, you will work with the Operations Manager on pre-fair, onsite, and post-fair logistics. You will be intimately involved with:
- Exhibitor Relations: exhibitor communications; application, selection, and allocation assistance; exhibitor onboarding; management of fair documentation; management of exhibitor portal; move-in/out; shipper coordination
- Fair calendar: production & exhibitor deadlines; project management of greater team and exhibitor timetable
- Build: act as the voice of our exhibitors with our fair building & logistics teams; set up Show Office, Exhibitor Lounge, Press Lounge
- Fair collateral: work with production team to ensure accuracy of exhibitor-related signage and printed materials
- Management: coordinate and manage office interns and temp staff
- Technology: participate in development and testing of technology projects as part of TEFAF’s global technology strategy
- Ticketing: monitoring and updating policies as needed; ticketing vendor liaison; distribution & mailings of tickets with printed material; onsite ticket desk staffing & training
The Operations Team forms the bridge between the physical structure of the fair and all it takes to get there. As such, Operations sits at the core of the wider team, touching everything we do. This is a versatile role well-suited to those who are comfortable wearing many hats. Some of your qualities include:
- 1-3 years of experience in a role involving operations, logistics, or production
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Solutions-oriented problem solver
- Extremely resilient to stress
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Comfortable working with all levels of management, staff, and clients
- An excellent and diplomatic communicator
- Proficient in using technology such as Excel, Slack, Email, CMS, CRM systems
- BONUS: fluency in multiple languages
- BONUS: previous art fair or event management experience
This position is full-time and is located in New York City. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Operations Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. TEFAF is an equal opportunity employer.