Copper alloy 28.5 x 23.5 cm (11.2 x 9.5 in.) North Germany - first half of the 14th century
Erholm, Denmark, until circa 1935; Mrs Major Brandt, Oslo, Norway, by 1935; Ragnar Moltzaus collection; By whom loaned to the National Museum for Art, Architecture and Design, Oslo, Norway (inv. no. OK 307); Private collection, SwitzerlandLiterature
O. von Falke and E. Meyer, Bronzegeräte des Mittelalters. 1st vol., Romanische Leuchter und Gefässe, Giessgefässe der Gotik, Berlin, 1935, cat. no. 493, pp. 76 and 187Exhibited
Oslo, National Museum for Art, Architecture and Design, inv. no. OK 307
Julius Böhler Kunsthandlung
"European Works of Art and Sculpture; Kunstkammer Objects"
Please note that the objects shown on the website are for illustration purposes only; it cannot be guaranteed that the objects currently shown on the website will pass TEFAF vetting which takes place shortly prior to the opening of the Fair.