NEW EXHIBITORS AND NEW OPENING TIMES ARE ANNOUNCED FOR TEFAF MAASTRICHT 2018.
(Helvoirt, 24 October 2017)
270 of the world’s leading dealers and specialists in the fields of fine art, antiques and design which cover over 7,000 years of art history will participate in TEFAF Maastricht 2018. Among these are 16 new exhibitors, bolstering the already unrivalled offering across all sections of the Fair. TEFAF Maastricht acts as a crucial meeting place for the best dealers in the world and is the leading commercial and academic hot spot within the international art market. The sheer breadth of its offering guarantees the attendance of both major international private and institutional collectors. TEFAF Maastricht 2018 takes place from 10-18 March 2018 at the MECC (Maastricht Exhibition and Congress Centre), Maastricht, The Netherlands.
A notable update for the 2018 Fair is a review of the opening days. The first two days of the Fair will be by invitation only. On Thursday 8th
March, from 10am to 7pm, the Fair will host an Early Access Day, for around 5,000 guests. Following this, on Friday 9th
March, from 11am to 7pm, the Fair will host a Preview Day, for around 7,000 guests. The first public day of the Fair will now be Saturday 10th
March 2018, from 11am to 7pm. The changes have been made in response to dealer feedback. With over 75,000 visitors attending the Fair each year, TEFAF aims to create the optimum selling platform for its dealer community; allowing private and institutional collectors two days to peruse the works on offer will support this. The Fair will continue to run until the following Sunday, the 18th
TEFAF Maastricht looks forward to welcoming back returning exhibitors and also 16 new exhibitors for 2018. The new exhibitors are spread across the eight sections (TEFAF Ancient Art
, TEFAF Antiques
, TEFAF Design
, TEFAF La Haute Joaillerie
, TEFAF Modern
, TEFAF Paintings
, TEFAF Paper
and TEFAF Tribal
), thus strengthening the overall offering of the Fair. Of particular note is the addition of Perrotin
(France), Massimo De Carlo
(Italy), and Mazzoleni
(UK) to TEFAF Modern, and the growing appeal of TEFAF Design, which in 2018 welcomes four new exhibitors, Galerie Jousse Enterprise
(France), Oscar Graf
(France), Galerie Marc Heiremans
(Belgium), and Thomas Fritsch - Artrium
These changes further demonstrate TEFAF Maastricht’s reputation as an innovative and inter-disciplinary Fair.
The new exhibitors for 2018 are:
- Massimo De Carlo (Italy), specialists in modern and contemporary art. (TEFAF Modern).
- Galerie Chenel (France), specialists in Greek, Roman and Egyptian archaeology. (TEFAF Ancient Art).
- S Franses (UK), specialists in historic tapestry, carpets and textile art from medieval to inter war modernism. (TEFAF Antiques).
- Thomas Fritsch - Artrium (France), specialists in French decorative arts from the 20th century, with a particular focus on French ceramics from 1945 to 1970. (TEFAF Design).
- Oscar Graf (France), will present European and American furniture and decorative arts from 1870 to 1914. (TEFAF Design).
- Galerie Marc Heiremans (Belgium), specialists in 20th century glass and ceramic works of art. (TEFAF Design).
- Galerie Jousse Enterprise (France), specialists in French furniture from 1970/1980, with a particular focus on the works by Corbusier. (TEFAF Design).
- M&L Fine Art (UK), will present modern and contemporary art. (TEFAF Modern ).
- Mazzoleni (UK), specialists in modern art. (TEFAF Modern).
- Walter Padovani (Italy), will present Italian sculpture and world of art from 17th to 19th century. (TEFAF Antiques).
- Perrotin (France), leading international contemporary gallery. (TEFAF Modern).
- Galerie de la Présidence (France), will present 20th century paintings, works on paper and sculpture. (TEFAF Paper).
- Safani Gallery (USA), will present ancient art from Greece, Rome, Egypt and the Near East. (TEFAF Ancient Art).
- Glenn Spiro (UK), world leading contemporary jeweller. (TEFAF La Haute Joaillerie).
- Leon Tovar Gallery (USA), will present modern Latin American Art with an emphasis on geometric, kinetic, abstract, constructivist and op art. (TEFAF Modern).
- Galerie Zlotowski (France), modern art and avant-garde works from the 20th century. (TEFAF Paper).
TEFAF Maastricht is dedicated to supporting young, innovative and exceptional dealers who are recently established through its initiative TEFAF Showcase
. This initiative was established 10 years ago in 2008 and offers young galleries the opportunity to participate in a major international art event. It also allows collectors to continually discover something new with TEFAF.
TEFAF Showcase 2018 galleries are:
Galerie Le Beau, 67 rue Lebeau, 1000 Brussels, Belgium.
Specialists in 20th century design.
Cortesi Gallery, via Frasca 5, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland.
Specialists in post war art.
Charles-Wesley Hourdé, 40, rue Mazarine, 75006 Paris, France.
Specialist in African, Oceanic and Native American Art.
Kallos Gallery, 14-16 Davies Street, London, W1K 3DR, United Kingdom.
Specialists in Ancient Art and Antiquities.
Librairie Camille Sourget, 93 rue de Seine, 75006 Paris, France.
Specialists in rare and antiquarian books from 15th to 20th century.
The full exhibitor lists for TEFAF Maastricht 2018 is available via the TEFAF website www.tefaf.com
-Notes to Editors-
IMPORTANT NOTE CONCERNING THE DATES OF THE FAIR
- Thursday 8th March – 10 AM – 7 PM – Early Access Day (invite only).
- Friday 9th March – 11 AM – 7 PM – Preview Day (invite only)
- Saturday 10th March – Saturday 17th March - 11 AM – 7 PM – General admission
- Sunday 18th March – 11 AM – 6 PM – General Admission
General admission tickets are €45 and can be bought via www.tefaf.com soon or on arrival at the Fair.
TEFAF Maastricht, the world’s leading art and antiques Fair, is unequalled in the quality of its offering, championing the finest art dealers and experts from around the world. TEFAF is a not-for-profit foundation acting as an expert guide for both private and institutional collectors in a global marketplace, which inspires lovers and buyers of art everywhere. The 31st edition of TEFAF Maastricht will be held in the MECC Maastricht from 10-18 March 2018.
TEFAF. Your Art Community.
Art, more than an Asset
TEFAF shares its view of art as more than an asset with its principal sponsor, AXA ART. Their partnership provides art collectors with unique expertise covering the full range of risk prevention, conservation, recovery and restoration, to enable them to maintain their collections in the best possible condition. www.axa-art.com
Note for Editors
Press releases are available on www.tefaf.com
High Res. images of TEFAF Maastricht 2017 are available on request.
Truuske Verloop, email@example.com, +32 49 74 85 967
Xiaoling Xu, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 13 817 312 289
Gaëlle de Bernède, email@example.com, +33 17 54 34 680
Britta Fischer, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 61 13 00 877
Roberta Barbaro, email@example.com, +39 04 96 63 499
Graciela Prosperi, firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 6 52 60 0055
Jan Peter Verhagen email@example.com +31 411 64 50 90
Phoebe Ladenburg firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7439 2822
Josh Schoenfelder, email@example.com, +1 212 8290002
Diana Cawdell firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucy Barry email@example.com
PRINCIPAL SPONSOR TEFAF Maastricht
5268 HD Helvoirt
+31 411 64 50 90
TEFAF New York
1325 Avenue of the Americas, 28th Floor
New York, NY 10019
+1 212 370 2501