RENEWED INTEREST IN HISTORIC ART SETS STAGE FOR THIRD EDITION OF TEFAF NEW YORK FALL
(New York, NY) August 16, 2018
– Following the success of the second annual TEFAF New York Spring in May, TEFAF is offering a “first look’ at the works that will be showcased this Fall. With a focus on fine and decorative arts and jewelry from antiquity through the early 20th
century, TEFAF New York Fall returns to the historic Park Avenue Armory from October 27-31.
As the conversation and climate for historic art in America continues to grow, TEFAF New York Fall is at the forefront of the renewed interest in this area, highlighting the beauty and relevance of historic art within the current marketplace and providing an engaging platform for collectors and enthusiasts to view, explore and purchase the highest quality works across collecting categories.
“We’re looking forward to the third iteration of TEFAF New York Fall in October; it is a pleasure to see the New York Fairs take root in the US’, said Patrick van Maris, CEO of TEFAF. “TEFAF exhibitors continually exhibit extraordinarily high quality works by some of art history’s finest artists, backed by the world leading standards of vetting TEFAF sets for each Fair. The recently released exhibitor list includes exciting new additions, adding to the compelling mix of galleries and collecting areas. We’re pleased to supplement our exhibitors offering with engaging and thought provoking programming, all of which provides a dynamic experience for our visitors.”
New Exhibitors for TEFAF New York Fall 2018 are:
- Antonacci Lapiccirella Fine Art (Italy) – based in Rome, specialists in Italian paintings and sculpture.
- Galerie Cybele (France) – specialists in ancient Egyptian art as well as art from the Mediterranean basin.
- Giacometti Old Master Paintings Srl (Italy) -- specialist in Italian old master paintings, drawings and sculptures by Italian and European masters from the 16th to the early 20th century.
- Sebastian Izzard LLC (USA) – New York-based gallery specializing in Japanese and Korean art
- Bruce Kapson Gallery (USA) – Los Angeles-based specialist in the vintage works of photographer Edward S. Curtis.
- Stephen Ongpin Fine Art (UK) – specializes in Master drawings, watercolors and oil sketches dating from the 16th through 20th centuries.
- Frascione Arte (Italy) – Florence-based specialists in 14th through 17th century Italian paintings
- Benjamin Proust Fine Art Ltd (UK) – focuses on European works of art and sculpture.
- Librairie Amélie Sourget (France) – French specialists in rare and precious books from the 15th to 19th century.
- Stoppenbach & Delestre (UK) – dealers in important Barbizon, Impressionist, post-Impressionist and Modern French paintings and works on paper.
- Galerie Florence de Voldère (France) – Paris-based gallery renowned for dealing exclusively in Flemish Old Master Paintings of the 16th and 17th centuries.
- Wildenstein & Co. (USA) – a diverse range of artists, genres, and mediums, from the 17th century to the present with a historical focus on French Impressionists and Old Masters.
A FIRST LOOK AT TEFAF NEW YORK FALL HIGHLIGHTS
Note: All images are available in high resolution to download from here.
Discover more art objects coming to TEFAF New York Fall 2018 on the art overview page.