The Art Newspaper is an unrivalled news service about the art world, providing the best reporting on the most important events. With offices in London and New York, The Art Newspaper offers a daily digital news service and a weekly podcast, while continuing to publish a 100-plus-page monthly edition in print.
It is fed by its network of sister editions, which together have more than 50 correspondents working in more than 30 countries, with editorial offices also in Turin, Paris, Moscow, Shanghai and Athens. In addition, The Art Newspaper produces daily papers at the Art Basel fairs in Basel, Miami Beach and Hong Kong, at the Frieze fairs in London and New York and at Art Dubai.
In addition to the news, it publishes reviews and commentary by major players in the art scene, including Nicholas Serota, the outgoing director of the Tate, Glenn Lowry, the director of the Museum of Modern Art, New York, Michael Govan, the director of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Thelma Golden, the director of the Studio Museum, New York, the Venice Biennale curator Robert Storr, the artists Olafur Eliasson, Theaster Gates, Elmgreen & Dragset, Alfredo Jaar and Shirin Neshat—and many more.
To date, The Art Newspaper international network includes:
- Il Giornale dell’Arte, Turin, founded 1983, by Umberto Allemandi
- The Art Newspaper, London and New York, founded 1990, by Anna Somers Cocks
- Ta Nea Tis Technis, Athens, founded 1992
- Le Journal des Arts, Paris, founded 1994
- The Art Newspaper Russia, Moscow, founded 2012
- The Art Newspaper China, Shanghai, founded 2013