Established in 1988, The European Fine Art Foundation (TEFAF) is widely regarded as the world’s preeminent organization for fine art, antiques, and design. TEFAF runs two fairs internationally—TEFAF Maastricht, which covers 7,000 years of art history, and TEFAF New York, focused on modern and contemporary art and design. As an international art fair, we are always interested in meeting future colleagues who are prepared to contribute their talents, ambitions, and inspiration to our teams.
PR & Communications Coordinator
The PR & Communications Coordinator is a role which supports TEFAF’s press, public relations, and marketing teams, working with internal and external partners to execute TEFAF Marketing and Communications strategies.
Press and Communications:
- Assist oversight of relationships with international press agents, manage master timeline for campaign, including press releases, and all press materials, liaise between TEFAF’s internal team, agencies, and agents; assist in production of press campaign assets and alignment with internal object vetting team
- Organization of Maastricht Press Trip (travel, hotels, dinners, program)
- On-site coordination and facilitation of press office at TEFAF Maastricht; exhibitor contact/representative for press department; coordination of sales reporting)
- Art editing and art object management during peak season
- Tracking of artwork metadata and image usage across press, marketing campaign, social media, etc.
- Assist with marketing campaign production, including exhibitor outreach, asset coordination, and support across media partnerships and advertising
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Art History, or related field
- 1-2 year experience working in a related field preferred
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Familiar and/or have experience with PR databases/tools – i.e. Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Flexible, driven, creative, and passionate about the communications industry
- Superior written and verbal communication skills/English-language skills
- Understanding of the art market and its ever-evolving media landscape
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proactive with excellent organization skills
- The position will be required to work a combination of remote and onsite at the TEFAF Amsterdam office
- Flexibility with working hours, including some evenings and weekends when business needs require, and onsite at fairs
To apply, please send a motivation email and CV to [email protected] with “PR & Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position.