Tony Blumka is a fourth generation dealer in Medieval and Renaissance works of art. His great-grandfather started the family business in Vienna in the nineteenth century and his father Leopold moved the gallery to New York in 1939. He was later succeeded by Tony’s mother, Ruth Blumka. In 1997 Tony opened Blumka Gallery at its current location in Manhattan. The diverse range of gallery inventory features Medieval and Renaissance artworks in various media, including enamels, bronzes, stone and wood sculpture. Over the years, Blumka Gallery has been responsible, through both sales and donations, for the development and enrichment of numerous public and private collections in America and Europe.
Insights From The Gallery